Apartment living is convenient for those who want the amenities of a home, but not the responsibilities of exterior maintenance (such as landscaping, roof repair, painting, etc.) Today, with millions of people living in apartments and constantly moving into and out of their dwellings, and one question arises: What are they doing with all of their stuff?
According to the National Apartment Association, there were approximately 39 million residents living in apartments and that number is fast growing. This is attributed to a number of factors:
- The growth of young adults ages 18 to 34 delaying homeownership.
- The aging population who are downsizing and selecting the convenience of apartment living.
- Immigration, which is predicted to account for nearly half of U.S. population growth.
Every day, millions of apartment dwellers are moving and changing residences as their needs and living situations change. It can be overwhelming for those who don't know where to begin. Some tips to ease the burden of moving a household from one apartment to the next:
- Streamline Your Stuff: No time like now to downsize your possessions. Donate, gift or trash. The more you streamline, the less stuff you have to move.
- Pack As Much As You Can Beforehand: Sure, you may have to step over some boxes for a few weeks, but as long as you're minding the timing of the move, you can ease the burden of packing by spreading it out by a few weeks instead of a matter of days.
- Moving Companies: This is one of the most popular choices. Hire some help to assist in your move. Most moves can be completed within one day depending on how tricky of a move it will and how much stuff is being moved.
- Rent a Storage Unit: If it's financially feasible, renting a storage unit gives you the time to move on your own time and at your own pace. You can rent a unit and move your stuff in until you're ready to move into your new place.
- Use Your Network: Do you have friends or family with extra space? Ask them if you can keep your stuff there. Be polite and mindful of their generosity and agree and stick to your moving schedule and keep your items tidy while being stored
Moving can be one of the most stressful events in one's life. That's why it is important to remain organized and create a schedule that will keep your family (and team – movers, babysitters, friends, etc.) on pace. Busy individuals have to rely on shipping companies to move their valuable possessions. Residents are in dire need convenient and efficient shipping solutions to complete their moves.ShipSmart.com offers many services that will make that transition as easy as possible. With shipping options for items ranging from large pieces of furniture to art to expensive electronics, nothing is too "out of the box". The company has been offering custom packaging and shipping for over 30 years with 20 years specializing in small moves. If you're looking for help during your apartment move, why not trust the professionals?